Angus Fire’s history goes back over 200 years from the time when fire hose was made from riveted strips of leather to the present day when it is made from the latest in advanced rubber and textile technology.
In 1988 Angus Fire celebrated the 200 years of its manufacturing facility at Bentham in North Yorkshire. Local tradition has it that the sails of Admiral Nelson’s famous flagship HMS Victory were made at the original cotton mill at Bentham.
- 2015 – Angus Fire opens offices in Kuala Lumpur.
- 2013 – Angus Fire opens offices in Dubai.
- 2013 – Angus Fire separates from UTC as a result of a management buyout and forms the Angus International Safety Group.
- 2005 – Kidde plc acquired by United Technologies Corp. and combined with Chubb to form UTC Fire & Security with headquarters in Connecticut, USA.
- 2000 – Williams plc de-merged into Kidde plc and Chubb plc. Angus Fire becomes part of Kidde plc.
- 1994 – Williams Holdings acquire Angus Fire Armour Limited from BBA.
- 1988 – BBA acquired Guthrie.
- 1980 – Guthrie acquires Angus from Dunlop.
- 1977 – Hose factory opened in North Carolina, USA.
- 1962 – Angus Fire Armour Limited formed.
- 1904 – Company purchased the hose and belting part of the Bentham Spinning & Weaving Co. and started to manufacture hose at Bentham.
- 1788 – Company registered as a Public Company under the name of George Angus & Company Limited.
A 1969 Demonstration of Firefighting Foam Technology – Basildon, Essex